While I am still thinking about my project of “World of Vikings & Mayans & Dinosaurs” I guess I will post a bit more old material.
This is a treasure map I created to go with the dungeon map I posted back during “30 Days of D&D” blog challenge for Day 12.
While rolling the random contents of the dungeon, I ended up rolling a treasure result of a Treasure Map, so I decided to have it lead to a big treasure inside the dungeon itself. The treasure is on a lower level, but the path sort of shows how to get there.
Here is the Dungeon Rumor Table I made for the dungeon as well:
Der Dungeon – Rumor Table
(roll 1d10 for each player to see what rumor they have heard about dungeon)
1. The ruins were once the base of an evil cult.
2. Recently, a shepherd reported spotting small figures moving about the ruins by the light of a full moon.
3. A mad wizard lives beneath the ruins.
4. The last group that set out for the ruins never returned.
5. There is supposedly a map showing the way to a great treasure under the ruins.
6. The ruins are the lair of powerful undead.
7. A seer once spoke of a powerful source of good trapped within the ruins.
8. There is a magical fountain within the ruins.
9. Anyone who sleeps within the ruins will suffer a curse.
10. A drunken farmer once entered the ruins and claimed to have seen a woman with glowing blue eyes.